SOPHISTICATED AND TEXTURED CHIGNON
Backstage at NY Bridal Fashion Week, our stylist helped create a neat and off the face wedding style for Marchesa’s Bridal collection. To get the couture, feminine look, we asked our wedding hair and updo specialist for the tips it took to get her model’s ethereal style just right for the 50’s inspired line.
- 1. On damp hair, create a deep side part and prep with MOUSSE VOLUMACTIVE.
- 2. Blow dry and apply a dime-sized amount of CIMENT THERMIQUE from mid-lengths to ends for smoothness and texture.
- 3. Grab a section of hair above the nape of the neck and create a tight braid, wrapping it flat again the back of the head and pinning into place to create an anchor for the chignon.
- 4. Keeping the front right section loose, twist and coil the remaining two sections together at the back of the head, pinning into the braid to keep the look from slipping and so the style stays in place.
- 5. Take the remaining front right section, roll it towards the back of the head and pin the ends into the coiled chignon.
- 6. Finish the look with DOUBLE FORCE CONTROLE ULTIME Hairspray for a strong hold finish.